Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Christmas break.....
















Well, it has passed for another year and 2006 certainly proved to be the busiest one! By the time Christmas Eve arrived all orders and Christmas pressies had been delivered to customers, friends and family. The stove in the dining room was finished and chugging away - just having a warm house for Christmas was such a treat!















The tree and the rest of the house were eventually decorated very late on but I did enjoy doing it this year. The tree was kept very simple with lots of fairy lights, glass, white decorations and silver jingly bells.
















The dining room was a bit more festive with red berries, holly and ivy, and traditional scandinavian style decorations.
















The weather has been amazing, very cold with lots of heavy frost, but beautiful blue skies, it couldn't have been more perfect.



I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas so far and are enjoying the break, it has certainly done Gregg and I good to just stop and relax for a few days. My mum and two sisters arrive tomorrow so the house will be full of fun and laughter for a couple of days.

2 comments:

Ginny Gibson said...

Your home looks lovely and cosy.
Christmas comes and goes so quickly. I felt so rushed, but am glad that I can sit back and curl up by the fire and enjoy the rest of the hols now. Next year I am going to be so organised ..... LOL.
Happy Hogmanay.
Ginny

Jane said...

It all looks lovely Lisa, I'm glad you had a great time.
We were away for Christmas and I didn't get any proper decorations done for us in advance so I am putting a positive spin on it and the girls and I are about to make some Hogmanay decorations.
This year it is our turn to host New Years Day lunch for 14.
Venison stew and mashed potato.
Happy New Year.