Thursday, January 04, 2007

Trying to get back into the swing of things.

I'm trying very hard to get back into the swing of things this week but I'm not really getting anywhere! Yesterday didn't really turn out to be a very productive day as the weather was so rotten I ended up sitting at the fire reading a book most of the day as it was so cold and windy! Not a bad thing to do, and I did say to myself well this is the last day of my holidays, tomorrow will be all systems go again! Today, the weather has been a huge improvement on yesterday, our first lovely sunny day of the year, but sooooo windy again, I thought the roof was coming off at one point! Just having a bit of sunshine makes such a difference though, it really does lift the spirits.
So, I've managed to clear my work table so that I can get some sewing done and have made a few phone calls, I feel as if I'm getting there slowly! By the end of today I'll hopefully have a few parcels ready to go in the post tomorrow morning and a slightly tidier workroom than shown below so that's at least something!

I'm really looking forward to this weekend as we're heading north to Thurso to see friends we haven't seen for over a year, it'll be great fun. The boys will go surfing (too cold for me at this time of year!) and the girls will go beach combing, which I absolutely LOVE doing! We're also hoping to pop into ANTA on the way up and Johnstons of Elgin on the way back down so a bit of a working trip too, or so I tell myself!

I'll make sure I take lots of photos, especially at the beach, we might even get to fly the kite!

12 comments:

Nonnie said...

I think easing yourself back in slowly sounds like a really good idea. Wish I could have done that but the 'pay the bills day job' has thrown me totally back into work. I'm desparate to get down to the creative work at home. Not sure it's going to happen this weekend as my parents are down on Saturday and I've promised to help George with his boat on Sunday.
Your weekend sounds like fun. Love beach combing too. Did a bit myself on Monday. Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Have a lovely time. x

Primrose Hill said...

Thanks Fiona, I'm going to try and take some "proper" photos with the good camera rather than just snapping away on the little one and then always being disappointed. Another New Years resolution - how to use the good camera properly!!

Anonymous said...

I am envious of your work space and your WHOLE roll of lovely dotty fabric (I know Nonnie will be too!)Have a good trip.

Tracy x said...

Oh how exciting to hear you mention Thurso - when we move next year it will be our nearest town, and lucky you spending time on the beach - they really are just so breathtaking up there - you have made me feel homesick!
P.s - hope my Scottish workroom turns out to be as nice as yours
tracy x

Anonymous said...

A weekend away how wonderful, have a really super time Lisa - looking forward to seeing the pics I just love beachcombing.

Anonymous said...

Your workroom looks just lovely to me!
Cherry x

lettuce said...

yes, looks quite tidy to me too. :)

What is/was the book?

weirdbunny said...

I'm devouring books at the moment too, that's the good thing about the cold, lazy days, books and comfort food....

Ginny Gibson said...

Hi good luck with all the jobs, love your workspace! You'll soon be in the swing of it again!
Best wishes Ginny

Joanna said...

Your work room looks lovely. Hope you had a nice weekend, sounds too chilly for surfing to me.

Jane said...

Lisa - That is SO not a messy workroom,
Hope that you had a great weekend -Are you still going to NZ?
Congrats to Greg on his new job & sociable hours.
Love
J
x

Primrose Hill said...

The book is a fluffy pink chick lit - The Double Life of Anna Day! Not quite finished it yet so will let you know whether it was any good or not!
Jane, NZ is on hold at the mo as G starts his new job in March, so the timing didn't really work out with holidays etc. Looking forward to the "normal" hours, it'll be a huge change for both of us!!