Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A big thank you


The big birthday came and went last Thursday and it was a lovely day. I spent a bit of time in the morning getting the last of the spring bulbs in the garden with help from my neighbour Ruth - fingers crossed they flower this year, better late than never!

We went to Ballathie House Hotel (pictured below) for lunch, we met up with my Aunt Alison, she's 40 today, Happy Brithday Alison if you're reading this! It's a beautiful stately manor type place, very relaxed and great food. Later in the day I popped along to another rather posh place called The Lands of Loyal to have a couple of glasses of wine with my friend Christine, sat next to a huge roaring fire, it was bliss! We then came home to have a bottle of champers and birthday cake, made by Gregg and very yummy it was too.

The best bit was definitely present opening, which I did in bed first thing, here are some pictures of my beautiful gifts.....

beautifully wrapped.......


ooh, looks exciting......

a hidden parcel......

the most gorgeous pair of diamond earrings, how lucky am I?

I'll post more pictures of all my goodies later, too many to show at once! Thank you everyone, especially to my gorgeous craft roadie!

11 comments:

Ragged Roses said...

Glad you had a great birthday, certainly one to remember. Love your blog by the way!

Nonnie said...

Ooh, lucky you! Gorgeous earrings. Really glad to hear you had such a lovely day. The Hotel you went to for lunch looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh you lucky, lucky girl.

Ginny Gibson said...

Happy Birthday, if only I was 30 again!! Glad you had a great time, that hotel looks fab.

Best wishes Ginny

Tea said...

You had a wonderful birthday! Wait to you hit 40 or close to 50! You`re a babe still :)

tea
xo

Samantha said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Love the earrings. You certainly are lucky

Charlotte said...

Wow, if those earrings are from Gregg, then you are a very lucky girl! He's romantic! Mine's not so I have to do nice things for myself. He he. Hope things are going well and you are not stressing too much yet about the Country Living Fair.
Cx

Primrose Hill said...

Yes, I'm a very lucky girl, the earrings were from Gregg. I had hinted at wanting a pair but wasn't sure if he'd ba brave enough to go and buy them on his own! I don't really do bling jewellery, I tend to go for more chunky, trendy bits and pieces from the likes of Topshop etc. But I have always wanted a pair of lovely little diamond studs, I think they make me look very grown up, even though I still feel (and hopefully look!) about 26, which is good!
L x

Rach said...

That's such a nice present. A timeless classic pair of diamonds like that will stay with you forever.

weirdbunny said...

Dimond earrings, hidden in smarties in a starbucks cup, now that's original !!!
I can't beleive you've just planted the spring bulbs!!! And here Ive been planted my summer bulbs .... so funny.
That hotel is unreal..

Primrose Hill said...

Yep, always behind in the garden, mostly due to autumn/winter and the beginning of spring being our busiest time, just when you want to be out in the garden planting up those spring bulbs! It'll be interesting to see when they flower, I'll probably have daffodils in June, although everything is generally later up here anyway as we're in a bit of a frost pocket.