Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to the fair we go.....!

At last, we are nearly at the end of March, Spring is well and truly here, as is the Country Living Spring Fair Scotland, aaaargh! We're nearly all organised, although I've still got a million and one things to do tonight, including filling and sewing up another 10 door stops! I spent part of the morning doing something I've been looking forward to for ages, I had planned to do them last year, but as usual ran out of time! What do you think of these.....................?


My friend Diana who has Glenshee pottery sold me some of her old china, she used to have a tea room on Mull, so had plenty going spare! I think it's such a sweet way to recycle old cups and saucers, I just hope the Country Living visitors think the same! Although if I was bringing them home to dot around the house I wouldn't be too sad! As you can see I've got a bit of a production line here.....!


I'm really looking forward to meeting a few of the Scottish bloggers at the fair so please do come along and say hello, we're at stand C34. Tomorrow is set up day and the fair runs from Thursday 22nd March until Sunday 25th March at the SECC in Glasgow.
I'll be back next Monday with all the tales from the fair and lots of photos!
Right, I really must go and get on!
L x

16 comments:

Jane said...

They look lovely Lisa - very Country Living - my equivalents are more pedestrian (species tulips in lutreware cups) and very much not for sale - the china is too precious to me.
How do they hold up inside?
I have terrible problems trying to keep things like this alive in the Bank where I do the flowers each week - they always seem to last 3 or 4 days than sulk. I think that perhaps it is too hot or perhaps it is the constant swish of the electric door. Or perhaps they don't like banks. Bulbs seem to fair fine but plants not. it limits what you can do in the winter though - Oh no not another pot of hyacinths!
See you tomorrow,
J
x

Ragged Roses said...

I think the flowers look lovely. Hope you've made a few spare to keep at home. Good luck at the Fair, looking forward to hearing all about it.

Anonymous said...

They look really sweet, shame I can't be in Scotland, hope it goes well!

Primrose Hill said...

I did potted plants and cut flowers last year, loads of hyacinths and tulips and little pots of primula. They all seemed to survive the 5 days fine as I watered them every night. The cut flowers weren't cheap as I had loads of them, so this years alternative has been a bit easier on the pocket and probably looks twice as nice!
Thanks for the good wishes!
L x

Tracy x said...

The teacups look lovely - i made lots for my shop last year for Mothers Day ,filled with tiny violas - they sold well. I am a huge collector of tea sets and i only sold my least favourite cups and saucers - but i still miss them!!!!
Sending you a HUGEEEEEEE amount of love and luck for the fair - hope to see you there next year x
Tracy x

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa they are gorgeous and I would definetly buy one or two or three at the end of the day when I didn't have to worry about smashing them before I got home. Unfortunately I won't be there but I will be back next week to see all the pictures. Best of luck.

Joanna said...

Good luck at the fair. Love the cups, I love to paint cups with flowers in, I often make them inot little handpainted cards. They sell well so hope the real plants sell well too.

Southern Heart said...

What a wonderful idea! They are lovely! I wish that I were in Scotland so that I could join in the fun.

I enjoy stopping by and visiting, and I wanted to say hello. I look forward to visiting again soon...

Andrea

deb said...

The pansies are darling with the bit of moss. Can't wait to hear all about the fair! Best of luck to you!

Nonnie said...

oh Lisa they are just gorgeous. I wish I was coming to the Scottish Fair because I'd definitely buy one of those from you. I'm sure they'll sell like hot cakes, they're so pretty. Lots and lots of luck at the fair. Hope it goes well. Looking forward to hearing all about it next week.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for saturday, so I can come and see what lovely things you have for sale. Was in Homer in Aberfeldy the other day and was going to buy one of your lavender hearts but i thought I'd wait and come and buy something from you in person. Hope all is going well.
Charlotte x
was Braveart, now hope&faith

Anonymous said...

Whee! Have a fantastic time! I'll be keeping all digits crossed for you :)

stéphanie said...

the pansies in the cup look lovely, good luck at the fair!

weirdbunny said...

How brilliant are those, what a fab idea. I have an old colender that I use as a pot for plants outside, and an old bucket the metal kind you use with a mop. Have fun - Julia x

Samantha said...

Hi Lisa,
the cups and saucers look lovely. A lady next to me in London was selling narcissi in china bowls and they seemed to sell well.

Good luck!

Janie said...

Cute idea. Hope all went splendidly at the Fair. Look forward to hearing all about it.