Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Parti en France......


In my usual fashion, I was winging it by the seat of my pants last night and doing everything at the last minute. The order for the Interceltique Festival has now "gone to France...", being driven over there today by the lovely Philip. It's a bit of an exciting project, part funded by the Scottish Government and Visit Scotland, Philip and his team are representing Scotland at this huge festival, it attracts over 650,000 visitors over 10 days, so fingers crossed his collection of Scottish goods go down a treat.



I was really pleased with the collection that I came up with, the Harris Tweed was just divine to work with, so I'll have to get back on the phone to the weaver in Harris and get some more sent over I think. The fabrics and colours all sat really nicely together and I came up with a nice thistle design to applique onto the lavender pillows, quite contemporary and not too twee. I shall have to make some more for in the studio to sell seeing as we're getting into the "tourist season" up here, everyone that saw them loved them!



I was muttering away to myself about how I leave everything to the last minute and will I ever change while packaging up doorstops etc, Gregg reminded me that it was almost the last of the "big orders" to go out. Hopefully by the end of this month I'll be free to design and make whatever takes my fancy, but more on that another day.



Off to blitz my old workroom as we have a rather important visitor coming tomorrow and the house needs to be worthy of writing about, I have my doubts, as it really is a shack!

L x

8 comments:

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

I`m sure that your creations will do well in France, they are lovely and full of charm.
Kisses Kisses
Debbie
xxx

Just Original said...

I knew you would get it all done in time, the 'Doorstop' lady came good! I still love the lavender pillows, the harris tweed is gorgous. I hope your new arrival tomorrow does not make more work for you.

Thanks for making us feel welcome last week.

Vanessa x

Anonymous said...

These are soooo lovely! I think these will be a huge success, both at home and in France. And you're spot on with the design - doesn't look at all twee. Hope to visit the studio before long!
Carolx

driftwood shack said...

How very smart, these look so great! I have left an award for you in the sidebar of my blog for you, so pass it on if you wish......

Pipany said...

I hate the frentic packaging stage too Lisa. They are all so lovely though that I bet they do brilliantly

Anonymous said...

I love that thistle - looks perfect.

Pam

Dusty Spider said...

Loved my lavender pillow sent by Karen. It works a treat tucked just inside my pillowcase. Dreamy. Thanks for being so clever. Can't wait to see your new setup!! Love, Flick xxx

tea and cake said...

Well don You!!
a) for designing and making such lovely things, and b) for getting it all done on time!
I, too, am a 'last-minute' person, so can perfectly understand your pressure.
See you soon, hopefully. love, Karen xx
ps. glad Flick liked her pillow! x