Monday, September 08, 2008

Glorious September


Today has been a beautiful day. While walking the dogs at the back of seven this morning there wasn't a cloud in the sky. The promise of a good dry Autumn day, with just a little nip in the air. I am being inspired by the hedgerows just now, rosehips, rowans, seed heads and the promise of brambles to be picked in a few weeks time. The thought of apple and bramble crumble makes my mouth water......


Some local handloomed linen was washed up today and dried on the line so I'm looking forward to using that some time soon. The sewing list is rather huge at the moment as stock is rediculously low, with Christmas just around the corner I'm starting to panic slightly.....

It's just started raining here so I'm off to sit by the fire and sew up hearts!
Some exciting news for tomorrow, but I'll keep you waiting ;)
L xx

2 comments:

Clover Yard said...

Hi Lisa, wasn't it just gorgeous today although the evenings are getting a bit nippy. Our little boy keeps asking us to light the fire but I think he just likes the coziness of it - just like his mummy! The garden course looked great and a yummy looking cake laid on too. I love your life!!
Carolx

Pipany said...

Hello Lisa. Yes, the hedgerows are truly gorgeous aren't they? I made apple and blackberry crumble for dinner last night using our own brambleys but it took all of them umfortunately!
Hey, I am panicking terribly about Christmas too - no stock to speak of and don't seem to be able to get a good run at anything. Perhaps we shuld start a panic club!!! Pip xx