Monday, November 10, 2008

Sadly Dad passed away last week, we were all with him and he went very peacefully, which is a blessing given what he's been through over the last 6 years. He died in Strathcarron Hospice, an amazing place where the doctors and nurses are like angels. The funeral is on Tuesday so I hope to return home by the end of the week. The Studio will re-open on Saturday 15th November, apologies to anyone who has visited over the last 2 weeks when we have been closed. Some orders will go out today, the rest will be dealt with on my return. I have also had to cancel our stand at the Country Living Christmas Fair Scotland. I've learnt over the last 5 years that sometimes you just know that you can't do everything, and right now being there for my family is more important to me. We will attend some fairs, just not as many as usual.

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and words, they really meant a lot during a rather tough week for us all.

Normal blogging shall hopefully resume a week today.

See you all then.

L x

26 comments:

Primchick said...

I know this is tough.... but try (if you can) to take a day at a time, my thoughts are with you....

French Knots said...

So sorry for your loss. Sending my love to you and your family.x

P. said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news. God help you and give you strenght in this dificult time.

Alfazema

jessica daisy said...

So sorry to hear about your dad x

Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa and family,

I would like to express my condolences to all of you now your father has passed away.
You're in my thoughts...
Janneke.

Everything Stops for Tea said...

I'm sorry for you loss Lisa. Sending love to all.

Sarah

Sal said...

So sorry to hear your sad news.You are in my thoughts too.x

LinenandRoses said...

I'm sorry very sorry for your loss Lisa. Thinking of you and your family at this time and sending love from down here. Take care. Fiona x

Anonymous said...

Sorry to read this, look after yourself.

Pipany said...

Such a sad time for you Lisa but I'm glad your Dad's passing was peaceful. thinking of you xx

MelMel said...

I'm so sad for you....thinking about you and your family at this time...hugs Melxxx

walter and me said...

I'm so sorry. Be gentle with yourselves. xx

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Sorry to hear your terribly sad news.
x

Rosie said...

Really sorry to hear of your loss x

Sue said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. Sue xx

Janice said...

Thinking of you at this difficult time. You are in my prayers.

Jacoline said...

So sorry for your loss. Hope you feel strong. Send you all my love.

Jude said...

What a remarkable place hospices are and the people who work there, what would we do without them?
My condolences to you and your family. I'm thinking of you,

Clover Yard said...

Lisa, I am sending you a big warm hug. Please look after yourself. Take care friend. xx

jo said...

So sorry to hear of the passing of your Dad. God Bless, Jo. XX

Just Original said...

I'm so sorry, I hope everything went ok on Tuesday!

Vanessa x

JacquiMcR said...

Take care of yourself and your family as right now, nothing else matters - jacqui x

The fabric of my life said...

My thoughts are with you and your family Lisa. Much love
Donna x

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear your news Lisa. Look after yourself.

My Baboo said...

Hi Lisa, what sad news about your dad. Will be thinking of you this week, thanks for your kind message. Will see you at the Green Gallery.
Lynne
x

Heidi said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Heidi